Saturday, April 13, 2013

Friday Night on TRAC with Tim, Rodrigo, Aya, Christy.


Aya Sekine
It was only this morning that I realized I had totally forgotten about Rani Singam’s tribute to Nina Simone at the Sultan Jazz club last night. It would have been fun to do some set hopping between Blu Jaz and Sultan They are conveniently located at walking distance from each other. Regrets are a waste of time and I did enjoy myself thoroughly at Blu Jaz alone. I’d first made a little detour for totally satisfying tapas meal at MAD at the old Turf Club. I skipped desert only to finish off my dinner with a beautiful coffee based cocktail, created on the spot, by the creative mind of Kino Soh. The atmosphere at Blu Jaz was, as it is often, chilled with lots of familiar faces, especially towards the later part of the evening, when a jamming mood takes over, and people get out of their comfort zone. At Blu Jaz the early bird does not always catch the worm. Aya Sekine put another great band together, with bass maestro Christy Smith, sax virtuoso Timothy O'Dwyer and of course feasting on the visit of the class act drummer Rodrigo Villanueva-Conroy, from the U.S. I did hip hop up to the second floor, to listen to a couple of tunes from the turn tables. Louis Quek filled the room with a refreshing mix of dance tunes. As said regrets are a waste of time, my evening enjoying music was great. My apologies to Rani, Nina and Sultan though.


Rodrigo in trance
Christy Embracing
Christy striking a cord
Timothy O'Dwyer

Crooner Tim

Rodrigo Villanueva

Louis Quek spinning


No comments:

Post a Comment