Friday, July 4, 2014

Gaia Grooves: Earth tones


It was after I saw Christy’s little write up on Facebook that I decided I would go to Gaiagrooves. I’ve rarely seen him write anything this personal and passionate on Facebook like this, other than about his family so I figured it must be something worth while.


Gaiagrooves is a charity event organized by Malika, themed around the well being of our world, or Gaia. An interpretation of the several educational presentations could be that the grooves referred to all the damage we do to forests and the environment, but it really came down to some fine musicians coming together to create enough of an attentive audience for the cause

 Who showed a true interest in the earths flora an fauna


On drums Eddy Layman


Keys Wei Tan

Bass Christy Smith



Vocals Richard Jackson

Keys Abrahams

And Mal Gaia herself

The setting was Blu Jaz second floor. I don’t know if it was the occasion or me just not understanding my camera but the coloring of the whole affair in general had a bit of a green hue.



With Richard leading the band into some fantastic tunes as usual and Christy providing some cool back ground vocals, 

the mood was good and I got to learn a little bit about where the haze actually comes from. It is scary to realize that it will be a tough thing to avoid. Many of the fires are not even deliberate and they are all tough to control or kill.

But as many of these events go, the misery is quickly forgotten and we move on to listen to some more music with Keys Abrahams attending the microphone


Or Mal Gaia, who took on the challenge of her first public singing appearance with skill and courage, and accomplished it with confidence.



I hope that was not her only accomplishment and that there was money made for the good cause. Because at the end of it all it’s all about the green!











No comments:

Post a Comment