Monday, July 28, 2014

Alors on Danse





As I was watching and listening to Havana Social Club, there suddenly was a burst of dancers on stage. 

For a minute I thought people had breached the esplanade's maximum-security officers blockade. Mayhem, the world gone wild hairs at large



I was admittedly a bit disappointed to soon notice the security tags dangling from the dancers’ swaying hips. Otherwise, my initial thought was "cute" and I moved on by focusing myself and the camera on the music and musicians. That until I saw a guy, sleek and slender, moving with elegance, a body language that said CHARMING in all capital letters.

 The first time I noticed him he was leading his partner to the center of the stage where they started to follow the graceful moves of the various Latin dance styles.

 The woman looked lovely, fit, possibly because of her dance routine, but to me not the type that would take center stage in front of a well over 500 audience, easily. 


 As they danced along however, her demeanor changed, more relaxed more self-confident. The man was guiding her along in the dance steps that she was well familiar with, and he smoothly led her into the more emotional side of Latin dance. 



Slowly but surely as she became more comfortable, her eyes moved up to look into his, and there she lost herself, for that brief moment until the music stopped...,passion!




Then the man, a gentleman to the core, quickly throws her into a dip where they can laugh it all away


 I later found out the man was from Guadeloupe a "French" Island in the southern Caribbean. French/Caribbean, Charm/Passion, true/cliché? So..we dance!




 
 
 



 



1 comment:

  1. It was nice to see that my friend from Guadeloupe is such a great dancer!

    ReplyDelete