Sunday, March 1, 2015

Johnny James: Aka who's new?






There seems to be no end to what Singapore has to offer out of the music scene. Every time I think I must have seen most of it some new faces pop up. Be it from foreign soil or locally grown, constantly there seem to be other musicians available to form or expand a band.


It was not too long ago that I wrote abut Leandra Lane who came to Singapore to rediscover her partly Singaporean roots . It was her who we set out to see last Friday at the Asia Square. 



We were both looking forward to setting at the semi outdoor Asia Square plaza watching bankers getting drunk and listening to some Leandra entertainment. What was supposed to be a SingJazz Pop up appearance turned out to be a bit of a burst bubble for us because the event got canceled due to some unfortunate red tape.




On our way in I spotted Bobby Singh and Leandra at a table at one of the bars and after we found out there was no stage, nor music we decided to talk to them to find out what had happened. Soon enough we found ourselves getting drunk with the bankers until Leandra suggested to go see Johnny James at SingJazz. Not a bad suggestion we thought, so we joined. 



It was there that we discovered the new faces among the usual suspects of  Johnny’s band.




Eddy Fleitas




G-Man



Mario Serio



William Gathright



The new additions were: I haven't heard back from Johnny yet on my inquiry about their names. I hope the photos will drag them a little bit out of anonymity.

There was the person below playing what I just found out as being named a keytar. I found this name on line. I did not come up with it and I am kind of happy I didn't. But it sounds good and it allows the musician to move like Eddy.






 
And there was the person below. Who I should know maybe because she is local and even introduced herself. Faces I remember but names I forget.

 
 As usual Johnny got a full house at SingJazz and as so often before he got the dance floor filled, this time by the way of Motown classics. There is not much to add to what I wrote about the standard members of the band on several occasions before. 



In all honesty I just wanted to introduce those , to me, new faces to you. I don’t know if they are all here to stay but for whatever time they are here, I think we should enjoy them! SingJazz Festival could be a pace to start!




















No comments:

Post a Comment