Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Juliana Da Silva: "Bolt" and Beautiful


It’s been ages since my last blog. I shot tons of photos but I just cannot get myself to write anything that I would like to go along with it. I have posted some of those shots on my Facebook page Singapore Night Live. It’s easier no need to write anything. 



But it does not seem to reach as many people as the posts generally do. So less stroking of my ego and in addition less promotion for the artists. Yes I maintain that as an ulterior motive.  The interesting thing to observe in the past months,  has been that the posts keep attracting viewers. About 15 on average a day.

  
People do search for live music in Singapore and I guess these posts do provide insight. Even if you have to filter out the info from the blah blah.



I still feel a bit uncomfortable about writing stuff. In the mean time though, for some reason Facebook does not allow me to post photos anymore so that cop out does not work. I don't know why, maybe I am blocked. Maybe the editing system mistook a pimple on a cheek for a nipple. Funny thing is it is also only via the computer. Phone works fine till recent. Since a blog post can be easily added via my phone, easier than an album of photos, I guess blog post  is my only option.




 Last week I was approached by a friend who asked if I was going to a gig at Blu Jaz on Sat. I responded I had tickets for Juliana Da Silva at Sing Jazz club. The response from my friend was more or less hinting towards my interest in Juliana being specifically around her being beautiful. I figured I’d just show you why she would say such a thing. Of course I cannot show what a beautiful voice she has and what beautiful little stories she tells. They are  both very valid reason to say why Juliana is beautiful, but also tough to capture in a photograph, so I hope I am able to show you how she is beautiful as a performer, capturing expressions and gestures that show the true emotions of the songs


Juliana was supported by:
Tony Lakatos on Saxophone


Jeremy Monteiro on Piano


“Benjamin” Ben Poh on bass


Back in the darkness, Tamagoh on Drums




Special guests:
Shawn Letts

Nanda Kumar


It was a nice mix of our local talent and what they can attract from abroad to play at Sing Jazz club.


I hope you enjoy what I enjoyed.















No comments:

Post a Comment