Monday, September 28, 2015

Ernesto Anaya: Hat(')s on and definitely Hat(')s off




 
According to the date of my previous blog post about Ernesto, it had been exactly a year since he came to perform at Sing Jazz club. 

Memories of that performance, partially assisted by rereading the post, made me want to go again. Though I wrote that time about loneliness and missing my companion, this time she could join to enjoy the music with me. 

 
On top of that, like last year, my dear friend Alina promoted the series of concerts very well, I could not say no. We took the first opportunity which was at Sing Jazz club



For this years occasion Ernesto came with two Mexican musicians, to complement his guitar/violin and vocals.


Jorge Morenos on guitar and voice

 
Daniel Soberanes Lasses on bass and voice

 
It may have been my mood or the fact that I was with the love of my life that the song style appeared different from last time. It may also have been the composition of the band that in fact did trigger them to play a different style, either way the tunes appeared more upbeat, several Mariachi songs were played accompanied with the usual “laughter”. 

Daniel but especially Jorge played a big roll in making things lively and fun for me. I asked Jorge later why he is so seemingly deliberate in taking his hat of and putting it back on. 

Apparently it has to do with style and lyrics of the song. I think a nice attention to detail in a live performance.


Ernesto of course also paid attention to some of the old Mexican folk songs he sang last year, beautiful songs with, by the sound of it, lots of emotions and mystery, 


sung by a person that has the appearance and a voice of a famous tenor. 


You cannot help that melancholic sentiment to come back, not even with the most favorite person in your life next to you.




 





No comments:

Post a Comment