Sunday, November 24, 2013

Stephen Francis and friends featuring Lily dressed to the frills


It’s a rainy day so not a big deal to spend it behind the computer. I am hoping to catch up on some of my posts today I have “only” 3 more to go. The after effects of procrastination are painful but I think all three are very much worth my attempt to draw attention to the music and the musicians and of course my pictures.

This one is about a show I saw at the Sultan. I am using the word show deliberately, instead of gig, concert, act, etc… because any performance with Lily Anna Nuris is a show. 

She has a large personality with lots of soul and blues and a big voice to top it up.

This evening Lily was a feature on Stephen Francis’s (Keyboard and Vocals) band that meant a very promising soulful play list to begin with.

The vocalist where supported or should I say enhanced by the presence of

Sebastian Ho (Guitar)

Ignatius Bong (Bass)

Jimmy Lee (Drums)

A line up like that leaves no doubt that those who were smart enough to be present at the Sultan were thoroughly entertained by great soul classics and awesome vocals



, but no less because if a swinging bass man,

 virtuoso guitarist

and a smooth as silk drummer
to keep the audience on the fringes of their seats
 




No comments:

Post a Comment