Sunday, November 10, 2013

Artistry: The joys of life and putting it all together


 I was a bit warned for this. It becomes challenging to stay consistent in writing a blog. Life can get in the way of regularity. I guess I have somewhat of an excuse because of my wrist injury but, for a large part, that is all it is, an excuse. I just could not find much energy to put up a post on my last ventures-out into my little music world here in Singapore. So I have some stuff to mention that is more than a week old.

Last Friday was Artistry’s first anniversary. I stopped by for a beer and was pleasantly surprised to see a big crowd that turned up to share in festivities. Artistry to me is one of those places where I feel at home. There is always a bit more going on than what you go for. Do you go for coffee there is photography, are you going for beer there are paintings. Are you going for cake there is poetry… music, food, conversation, relaxation… and always, lots of good company.

Artistry exposes "some kind of" art but it also exposes the growing interest.

As an example: A week before, there was a performance called Wisdom-Insight announced as  Performance art and collective experimental music by Blu Simon Wasem (Brazil) and Yuzuru Maeda (Japan)”.

Not very much informed about anything art, music included, I had no idea what to expect even from the description, but decided to stop by anyway. As mentioned there is always the attraction of meeting someone interesting if you don’t see something interesting.

In all honesty I was both puzzled and intrigued, and maybe on occasion not even at the same time, but in any case I was entertained, which is the main objective when I go out. A small picture commentary below.



















No comments:

Post a Comment