Sunday, May 17, 2015

Melissa Tham: Falling in love again! Perogative of a Diva.




With several articles in the news paper about her CD release Falling in love again at the Sing Jazz Club



there is nothing that I can add in words about Melissa Tham that professionals have not already said and no doubt much better.


Hong Chanutr Techatana-nan


There are not many professional photographers interested in the type of events where I tend to catch musicians though, so my amateur perspective is still new to whom it may concern.

Shawn Letts


Christy Smith

I went to Melissa’s CD launch on Thursday and did not take my camera. A decision I always seem to regret. Luckily for me there was a second chance on Saturday,

Jeremy Monteiro
and again luckily for me she had again pulled her hair back in a quirky pony tail. Cheekbones like that you do not hide.




Having seen the Thursday show, I also figured out where I would get the best shots, I thought, behind her Maestro Mentor, Jeremy Monteiro. 



That was the spot where I hoped to catch the most meaningful glances, and I did. But as the stage lighting at Sing Jazz is still a bit awkward, I ended up facing possibly the brightest light. 


I stuck to my guns and got some great expressions but many got lost in translation between what was there and what my sensor registered. As I said amateur.   



Still I hope you will find these as enjoyable to view as I found it enjoyable to listen to Melissa on Thursday and come back on Saturday to “fall in love again”














No comments:

Post a Comment