Sunday, August 3, 2014

Organ Trio feat.Melissa Tham. It's not easy to B28

If you are down and out and looking for the next whiskey bar then come to Ann Sian Rd. In a not so dark side-alley, right behind the Club hotel you may find this lady


and I am sure she will point you further in the direction of B28 where she can also clarify the obscure world of whiskeys.


When I came to B28 the first time. My initial sense was that it is the perfect spot for a Jazz Club. That basement atmosphere given by a low sealing space, I feel is characteristic. Lighting a bit gloomy tungsten and random seating areas. 

The band squeezed in a corner especially the piano, is not bothering the crowd or the musicians. It does not need to be all that perfect. It also reminded me of a very late night hang out spot were my friends and I more then occasionally ended up after an evening clubbing, back then it was called disco. So there is always a bit of nostalgia as well. 

Thursday’s Friday’s and Saturday’s there is Jazz music presented by the Nicole Duffel organ trio.

Nicole Duffel on Saxophone



Oliver von Essen organ


Eddie Layman drums


Nicole told me about the Thursday night shows she is organizing, featuring singers with the back up of the original Nicole Duffel organ trio at B28 and the first feature would be Melissa Tham, I decided I’d stop by on her first evening.

I am a big fan of Melissa, I like her singing and of course yes also her looks. I take photos and think she’s photogenic, what is your excuse :-) ?




I also think the basement atmosphere is perfect for Melissa’s singing style. She’s young maybe 28 but her style comes across to me as mature, warm and sentimental and luckily still a bit crazy. 

Add that to the solos of steady Eddie, cool organ sounds of Oliver, and of course Nicole’s screaming sax and you have a lovely relaxing night as an interlude to your weekend. See you there








No comments:

Post a Comment