Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Dasha Logan: Finesse behind the mic

When I looked up Dasha Logan on Google, the first thing I noticed was a bunch of very nice pictures of her. It made me doubt that I could contribute to this in any kind of interesting way. 

But after I watched the two TED talks by Brene Brown, about vulnerability and shame, I figured what the heck.
Then I also noticed that practically none of her shots had a facet that made her face, with nothing but beautiful features, look so charming; diastema. I don’t know whether it is personal, but I think that that small separation between the two front teeth adds great character to a face, especially a very pretty face.
I saw Dasha at the  Sing Jazz club last week.
 It was one of these nights I had to choose between two events. Either it was going to be Tim O’Dwyer at B28 or Dasha. I reasoned that I will have enough opportunities to see Tim in the future. Dasha however resides in KL so chances of seeing her on a regular basis are slim. So sad…
Dasha dashed over from KL by car with her fellow band members Gabriel and Steve. Gabriel is a bassist

and Steve is drummer,
 so the pianist needed to be locally sourced, and who better than Mario Serio. 
Mario has been accompanying a long list of singers on his Vox series, which is happening every Thursday at Sing Jazz and therefor he knows the piano as no other.
 
For Dasha, Gabriel and Steve it was the second performance of that week at the same venue. Considering that there was a reasonable crowd.
 
Overall it was a very nice performance, with a very good song choice. I was also impressed with Dasha voluminous voice, 
and the occasional growl that seems to try to awaken the beast within while the  audience was focusing on the beauty of the music.
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment