Friday, December 13, 2013

Tony Lakatos & Jeremy's Organ Trio go solo!





I don’t know if any of you ever had to do without using your, as I heard someone call it, primary hand. It’s to say the least challenging I can conclude. But I also understand that it is hardly the worst thing in the world. I also had the time to anticipate and prepare and think of all kinds of ways to make it work. During the course of my temporary handicap I have to say I became a lot handier with my, I guess then, “secondary” hand, even to the point where I was able to manage chopsticks without any practice.



I moved my mouse to the left hand side a long time ago and typing with one hand is becoming easier by the day. Biggest computer challenge is cntrl alt del to start my computer at work, that is still a bit of a stretch. 











Last weekend I decided to go see Jeremy Monteiro’s Organ Trio:

Jeremy Monteiro



Rick Smith



Wen Ming Soh 



featuring Tony Lakatos.



I have not seen a good instrumental only Jazz gig in a while and was in the mood for one. 

Then of course I came to realize that my pictures and blog are a big part of the after fun and I had to address the problem of taking pictures with one hand.
I decided to try it with a monopod. Since I take most of my photos from a seat, a monopod could work out, I thought. As far as the one handed operation is concerned I think things were fine, I’ll leave you to judge the outcome.

I stayed for two sets that night, and it answered all my hopes for some good solid instrumental jazz. The organ trio was awesome.

Jeremy sounding cool as ever



but I am almost more impressed by how much fun he appears to be having every gig 



Wen, again tucked away in the far dark corner of the Sultan’s stage was providing a show nevertheless. 


Rick, who is always good for soulful solos, 


seemed to have found his soul mate in Tony, musically but also by the narrow bar of beard both men feature.



I left the Sultan content. I listened to some good live music and singlehandedly operating my camera with a monopod seemed to have worked out as well. 



No comments:

Post a Comment